Garbage Disposal Installation and Repair in Austin
Garbage disposals are ideal kitchen companions, as they make food particle buildup and disposal a breeze. But sometimes these units break down and require repair, no matter how well you take care of them. Other times, you want a new model to replace your old one. Whatever the case, turn to L&P Plumbing for exceptional garbage disposal services. We offer affordable prices, courteous service, fast appointments and much more throughout the greater metro Austin area, including Austin, Liberty Hill, San Marcos, Georgetown, Round Rock, and Cedar Park.
Our garbage disposal services in Austin and surrounding cities include:
- Garbage Disposal Repair
- Garbage Disposal Installation
Give us a call right away if your garbage disposal is on the fritz, or you decide you want to install a new unit. Our master plumbers can get the job done quickly and efficiently. We would be happy to book you a convenient appointment when you give us a call.
Austin Garbage Disposal Repair
Here are some signs that you may have to replace or repair your unit.
- Too many resets: If you find yourself having to constantly push the reset button, the wiring could be faulty or the disposal could just be getting old. Normal operation shouldn’t require the constant pressing of the reset button.
- Foul odors: It’s common to smell odors right after you run your disposal. After all, its job is to grind up all that leftover food you had for dinner. But if the odor is persistent, despite cleaning it often, your unit may need an inspection and repair.
- Long breakdown time: If your disposal is taking a long time to grind up food, get it looked at. For optimal operation, be sure to run the unit at least once a day for about 25 seconds so food particles don’t build up. Never operate the disposal without turning on the water first.
- Grinding noises: Yes, your disposal will make a sound when it’s in use, but you should not hear grinding. This may indicate a piece of silverware is stuck in the unit. If that is the case, shut off the unit, remove the offending obstacle, and restart the machine. If the grinding persists, your disposal may need to be repaired or replaced.
If you encounter any of the above problems, enlist the help of our master plumbers here at L&P Plumbing. We can address your garbage disposal needs and can advise on which size, type and brand is best for your home and your budget. Rest assured, we are committed to your 100% satisfaction. We have experience installing, repairing and inspecting all makes and models of garbage disposals for your peace of mind.
Contact L&P Plumbing
Whether you need installation, repair or maintenance of your garbage disposal, contact us at 512-768-6973 to schedule an appointment or to get a free quote. We would be happy to visit your home in Austin, Liberty Hill, San Marcos, Georgetown, Round Rock, Cedar Park or surrounding areas to deliver exceptional service.